WHO WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR THE ELIGIBILITY?
The registration in GST is PAN based and State specific. Supplier has to register in each such State or Union territory from where the supply has been originated. Supplier has to be registered under the following condition:
1. When your turnover is reached to the 20 lakh.(in case of business operates north-eastern state- 10 lakh).
2. If you are supplying goods or services to another state, you have to take GST registration regardless of your turnover.
3. If you are operating or managing digital platform (websites) for e-commerce (online business). Eg: Snapdeal, flipkart, paytm.
4. If you’re a vendor selling through ecommerce portal or websites.
5. Any person supplying online information and database services from outside India to a person in India need to register irrespective of turnover
6. If you are a non-resident person or company supplying goods or services in India regardless of its turnover, supplier has to register.
DOCUMENTS FOR GST REGISTRATION
- For Pvt. Ltd./Public Ltd./OPC- Company PAN card, MOA, AOA & Incorporation Certificate, Company Address Proof.
- LLP & Partnership Firm- PAN card, LLP Agreement/ Partnership deed, Address Proof.
- Proprietorship Firm- Proprietor’s PAN card, Shop Act, Address proof of Firm
- You are legally recognized as supplier of goods or services.
- Save yourself from penalty.
- You are authorized to collect tax from your purchasers and you can pass on the credit of the taxes paid on the goods or services supplied to purchasers or recipients.